Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] (was: no subject) KNX support

From: Andreas Fink <afink@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 21:41:08 +0200
I have some KNX hardware and some expensive commercial software for it.
I bought this when we renovated our house and installed everything on that system, replacing a 75 year old wiring. Since then I never had time to go too much further with it but there was a Linux implementation of some tools which allowed you to use the bus. they all used some conversion hardware which is in every switch (some kind of bus driver). So it should be fairly easy to get the information out of that linux source. As far as I remember it was a simple serial port protocol.

Now EIBNET/IP most probably is oriented very much on the same protocol. So it shouldn't be hard to reverse engineer if necessary.
I don't think the specs are sold but just hidden somewhere.