Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Report a Windows Crash

From: "Neall Preston Adams" <adamsappelgrein@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:38:32 +0200
Good day.

I'm reporting a crash because I think that you are doing an awesome job with the opensource project and let me just take this time to say, thanks guys! You're really doing an awesome job!

My WireShark (downloaded from sourceforge under the impression that you changed the name of the program), while trying to do a capture in windows with the following filter crashes every now and again. It's the standard windows crash report that comes through: "Wireshark has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Here are the version details of my version of WireShark:
wireshark 1.0.0

Copyright 1998-2008 Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and contributors.

Compiled with GTK+ 2.12.8, with GLib 2.14.6, with WinPcap (version unknown),
with libz 1.2.3, without POSIX capabilities, with libpcre 7.0, with SMI 0.4.5,
with ADNS, with Lua 5.1, with GnuTLS 1.6.1, with Gcrypt 1.2.3, with MIT
Kerberos, with PortAudio V19-devel, with AirPcap.

Running on Windows XP Service Pack 2, build 2600, with WinPcap version 4.0.2
(packet.dll version 4.0.0.1040), based on libpcap version 0.9.5, without
AirPcap.

Built using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 build 8804

Here's some system information if it will help:
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Computer:
Intel (R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
2.99GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

Will send more information if neccesary.

Thanks alot and keep up the great work!
-Neall Adams (Appel)

PS: opensource FTW!!!