Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Is there a way to change the path (location) of wireshark PL

From: yenan <yen2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 04:30:48 +0000
Thank you much for the reply!I really appreciate that!

My main concern is, I am willing to build a wireshark plugin dissector outside of wireshark directory, in Linux.
For example, my wireshark source code is in $home/wireshark/ , but want to include the plugin in $home/plugin/ which is independant from wireshark directory, can I use the configure option:--with-plugins[=DIR] , to achieve my goal? If yes ,is there any modification needed to top level Makefile and configure.in ?

 Can you please give me a simeple example of this option, since I have tried a whole without any achievement... The build keep looking for plugins in /wireshark/plugins/ directory... :(

> By putting the plugin into $HOME/.wireshark/plugins, or the Windows
> equivalent, which is the "personal" plugin directory.
>
> The only directories in which Wireshark will look for plugins are the
> "system" plugin directory and the "personal" plugin directory.

System plugin =  plugin install in wireshark/plugin, personalplugin directory =  $HOME/.wireshark/plugins, is that what you mean?

Thank you for your help!!!

Regards
Nan