Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] how to build standalone plugin dll

From: "Lars Ruoff" <lars.ruoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 15:29:39 +0200
Well, it seems you should rename the file to bip.dll, which is probably the
name you registered for the protocol from within the code.
I wasn't aware of the fact that WS enforces the same name to be used for the
protocol name and dll though (?)
I presume the DLLs are loaded once, at runtime, by walking through the
plugins\version folder. So why should the name of the DLL be needed again
after it has been loaded?

Lars