Huge thanks to our Platinum Members Endace and LiveAction,
and our Silver Member Veeam, for supporting the Wireshark Foundation and project.

Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] SVN 24839 build failures

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 07:40:43 +0200
Maynard, Chris schrieb:
Running a distclean now. As Stephen pointed out in another e-mail, he ran into this as well, so I'm sure it'll be resolved, especially since the buildbot isn't complaining. On Saturday I noticed about 20+ of these "unresolved externals" errors, but the number of errors has been slowly coming down so I thought eventually all of them would be gone, so that's why I waited and didn't think I would need a distclean. Plus I hate doing it if I don't need to because it's so time-consuming.
The problem here is that there's no real dependency checking (at least) on the Win32 build. So everytime some header file (or whatever else) changes, the files that are not rebuild make problems. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to change this, so everytime if you're running into strange problems, it's a good idea to try a distclean - especially if you did an svn update. Yes, I've noticed before that it's time consuming ;-)

BTW: the buildbot is running a distclean for every run - or to be more precise, it's cleaning up the whole dir and do a "clean checkout" of the svn code.

Regards, ULFL