Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] SVN 24839 build failures

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 06:42:34 +0200
Maynard, Chris schrieb:
The wimax plugin fails to compile on Windows (XP, 32-bit) because of the following: msg_sbc.c msg_sbc.c(525) : error C2491: 'tfs_yes_no' : definition of dllimport data not allowed
msg_sbc.c(567) : error C2099: initializer is not a constant
msg_sbc.c(567) : warning C4047: 'initializing' : 'const void *' differs in levels of indirection from 'const int ' The attached patch resolves the problem by renaming tfs_yes_no to simply yes_no and it also removes the #ifdef _WIN32 ... #endif wrapper around it.
I fixed it by replacing it with tfs_yes_no_sbc
However, there are 8 unresolved externals that show up later on - all with respect to the recent GTK changes - nothing to do with the wimax plugin. I haven't bothered reporting these problems since I know at least a few developers are still in the middle of making changes, and I figured one or more buildbots would complain anyway, but the buildbots don't seem to be complaining, so here are the unresolved externals I'm seeing (duplicates not listed): Linking wireshark.exe libui.lib(print_prefs.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gtk_signal_connect libui.lib(capture_prefs.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gtk_type_check_object_cast libui.lib(menu.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _eo_http_cb libui.lib(airpcap_gui_utils.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gtk_signal_handler_unblock_by_func libui.lib(airpcap_gui_utils.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gtk_signal_handler_block_by_func libui.lib(sctp_assoc_analyse.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gtk_button_box_set_spacing libui.lib(scsi_stat.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gtk_menu_append
wireshark.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 8 unresolved externals
Hmm, that's only 7 unique errors. Not sure why 8 are reported, but I can't find any others? Oh well.
- Chris
I have no problems here, maybe trying a distclean?

Let's see what the buildbot thinks ...

Regards, ULFL

P.S: Seems you're back home and fine :-)