Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark Portable
From: Ulf Lamping <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 04:58:09 +0200
Ryan Rehm schrieb:
The Wireshark portable app does not seem to be working correctly on
Vista. I’ve tried it on several different machines. I keep getting the
message “The NPF driver isn’t running. You may have trouble capturing
or listing interfaces.” WinPCap is installed, and if the local version
of Wireshark is installed, it works fine. I am able to successfully
launch the local version, but the portable version will not run due to
no interfaces being found. The portable version is working fine on
Windows XP though. Is there a resolution to this?
I'm not a Vista expert, but it sounds like you're running Wireshark / dumpcap without the required privileges?
Regards, ULFL