Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] libwireshark documentation?

From: "Sébastien Tandel" <sebastien@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 18:34:45 +0200
Hi,

  If you have the source code, you should notice the doc directory in which stands several readme's describing the API.

Regards,
Sebastien Tandel

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 1:24 AM, Eloy Paris <peloy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there any type of documentation for developers writing applications
that use libwireshark services?

I am prototyping an application that uses libwireshark for packet
dissection and the only documentation that I've found is the source code
itself. That is fine when there is no other documentation available,
but 1. it takes longer to develop an application, and 2. it is really
hard to know without a good API documentation what is internal stuff one
should not rely on or use, and what is stuff one can use.

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-