Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] callin simple_dialog in my dissector

From: "Luis EG Ontanon" <luis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 09:04:16 +0100
You might be surprised but someone has thought about the need
reporting errors by dissectors before...

The propper way reporting an error you want to call report_failure()
from "epan/report_err.h". In wireshark (GUI) report_failure() will pop
a window with the error message while in tshark it will printout the
error . No need to render tshark unusable.

report_failure("An error happened because: %s", err_str);