Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] callin simple_dialog in my dissector

From: Praveen Kumar Jha <praveen.jha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 31-Mar-2008 12:55:00 ZE5B

Hi,
Yeah! I am 100 % sure that I am going to use WIreshark in GUI mode ( and not the Tshark).

I am using proto_reg_handoff_xxx() function as call-back for the preferences.
e.g.
xxx_module = prefs_register_protocol(proto_xxx, proto_reg_handoff_xxx);

& registering a preference of uint type with xxx_module (say for example, port number).

In the function proto_reg_handoff_xxx(), i would like to have some check on the user entered uint value i.e. the port number,
and depending on its value I would like to popup an error message in GUI.

hope that the situation is clear!

thanks
Praveen

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use of
the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."