Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark Capture Info Dialog behavior changed from 99.7 to 99.8

Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 08:47:30 -0500
- WindowXP build.

Why was the Capture Info Dialog behavior changed?

Up to and including the 99.7 release, the user could minimize the Capture Dialog independent of the main Analyzer window. In release 99.8 this is no longer true.
I have tried the preferences option 'Hide capture info dialog'. This is completely different behavior and is does not affect the Capture Dialog while a capture is in progress.
The new behavior is an inconvenient limitation.

Is there an option to revert to the 99.7 behavior?

Tim

Timothy Cook
Senior Software Engineer
Remote Automation Solutions