Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 24675: /trunk-1.0/

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 02:27:06 +0100
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 05:35:57PM -0700, Gerald Combs wrote:

> I built the 1.0.0pre1 Windows installers using the following process:
>
> nmake -f makefile.nmake setup
> [ copy libgmodule-2.0-0.dll 2.14.5 to wireshark-win32-libs\glib\bin ]
> nmake -f makefile.nmake distclean all packaging packaging-u3 packaging-papps
>
> As a result, GLib shows up as 2.14.6, even though that's not entirely true. This
> was to work around bug 2357 (Wireshark/GTK+1 crashing on startup).

Ah, I thought this was a workaround for bug 2325. But it seems that
this bug is GTK+ related and not Glib related. I think bug 2325
should be solved for the big one-oh release, which I think means
going back on the GTK+ release. I know we need GTK+2.12.6 to fix
bug 2066. Are there any other GTK+/Glib issues present that need
te be taken into account in choosing the optimum GTK+/Glib release?

Bug  2066
Desc Crash after using any Wireshark Combo Box (gtk_combo)
Sol  Use GTK+2.12.6 or later

Bug  2325
Desc 'Edit Preferences -> Protocols' does not accept more than one character anymore
Sol  Use GTK+2.12.6 ???

Bug  2357
Desc Startup Error with GTK1 Interface
Sol  Use Glib 2.14.5