Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] RTP raw file

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 01:18:56 +0100
Hi,

Play around with lame options a bit. First of all '-s 8000' is wrong, it should be '-s 8'. I don't know what you do when recording both directions, but having two PCM files, you need to mix them, so they don't clip.

I would suggest using Audacity for this audio work.

Thanx,
Jaap

TORKHANI Wajdi wrote:
Thank you so much

After 4 weeks I can finally to hear the voice,
But now I have another problem!
If i record only one direction the sound run very quickly and if record both direction i have a very very very bad quality of voice !!!!

1-I record the payload in a binary file:

Code:

void rawfile(unsigned char * payload,FILE *f){
fwrite(payload, 10,1,f); //10 :because audio data is packed into 80 bits (10 bytes)
}

2- I decode the binary file by using voiceage G729, which gives me a file : "16-bit mono PCM speech data sampled at 8000 Hz"

3- convert PCM file into wav by using Lame with:
lame --decode -x -r -s 8000 -m m -b 16 file.pcm file.wav

Is it correct ?!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jaap Keuter" <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>