Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] buildbot email subjects

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 14:11:27 -0400

Hi Gerald,

It's very useful to have the buildbots mailing us when they fail (like in the old days) but I was wondering if one small change would be possible: could some unique identifier (SVN version? Date/time?) be added to the subject of the emails?

The reason I ask is that Thunderbird falls back to threading by subject since so many mail programs don't do the Right Thing wrt the References: headers and as a result all the buildbot notifications end up in the same thread. I tried turning off this behavior in Thunderbird but now some people's responses don't get threaded correctly. :-(

Anyway, if it's not trivial (or at least very easy) to implement then don't worry about it.

Regards,
-Jeff