Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] RPM error

Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 17:33:50 +0530

Hi ,

If I try to build the rpm with gtk 1 version , it is taking gtk 2 by default. Then we tried to remove gtk-2 and glib-2 libraries from /usr/lib and /usr/include. We are getting the following error:

Even after configuring with –disable –gtk2 , wondering why is it checking for gtk version >=2!!!

checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.0.0... no

*** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...

*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the

*** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK+ is incorrectly installed.

checking for pkg-config... (cached) /usr/bin/pkg-config

checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.0... no

*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...

*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the

*** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB is incorrectly installed.

configure: error: GLib2 distribution not found.

error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.49764 (%prep)

if I run the command : ./configure –disable-gtk2 –prefix=/home…

checking for gtk-config... /usr/bin/gtk-config

checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.0... yes

checking for glib-config... /usr/bin/glib-config

checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0... yes

and the executable is getting created smoothly.

Is it possible to create rpm with gtk 1 version???

Best Regards,

Tarani

www.wipro.com