Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problems with epan\oids.c

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 17:53:03 +1100
Stig Bj�rlykke wrote:
> On 13. mars. 2008, at 15.51, Peter Johansson wrote:
>
>> Could this then be of the same type of issue that is with adns,  hence
>> it is required to recompile libsmi too if using another  compiler for
>> Wireshark on Windows than MSVC 6. Developer Studio  2005EE for instance?
>

> Does it work correctly on win32 with user specified MIBs without
> running in the debugger?
> Or do we have to make some changes before releasing 1.0?  Like revert
> r24569 and live with the memory leakage?
>
> I'm getting crashes on win32 with 0.99.8 having a custom MIB with
> duplicated DESCRIPTION field (attached), so we probably have some more
> issues using libsmi...

Does your custom MIB work if you define it as attached?
If it does it might be a libsmi bug.

                -- Dr. Who
MY-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

IMPORTS
	MODULE-IDENTITY, enterprises
	FROM SNMPv2-SMI
	;

myValues MODULE-IDENTITY
	LAST-UPDATED "200802270000Z"
	ORGANIZATION "Private"
	CONTACT-INFO "Stig"
	DESCRIPTION  "My Description"
	REVISION     "200802270000Z"
	DESCRIPTION  "Version 1.0"
	::= { thalesNorwayAS 4 }

thalesNorwayAS OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { enterprises 3752 }

END