Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Is there anyway to control what will be displayin the "proto

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 19:57:58 -0400
I think you can mostly get what you want using col_set_fence().
Assuming your protocol's abbreviated name is "XYZ", if you do this:

    if (check_col(pinfo->cinfo, COL_PROTOCOL))
    {
        col_set_str(pinfo->cinfo, COL_PROTOCOL, "XYZ/");
        col_set_fence(pinfo->cinfo, COL_PROTOCOL);
    }

.... then when your dissector passes off dissection to say ARP, you
should end up seeing "XYZ/ARP" in the protocol column, instead of just
"ARP".  I haven't tried it, but I think that will work, although it may
not be exactly what you're looking for.

- Chris