Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Is there anyway to control what will be display in the "protocol

From: yenan <yen1505@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 17:22:20 +0000

Hi guys
I am currently trying to write a plugin dissector for a kind of dedicated packet which will encapsulate some other type of packets(IP, ARP...etc),  I do not want to display the encapsulated packet's protocol in the "protocol column", I will rather to keep the lower layer one's protocol one this column.

For example ,  if there is a ARP packet encapsulated, I will rather not display ARP on the  "protocol column" , but do display ARP packet details in the "packet detail" pane

In short, is there anyway I can control what layer's protocol will be display on the "protocol column"?

Hope I have explain my issuse clearly.

Thank you guys ! Any help will be appreciated.

regards
nan

锟斤拷锟缴帮拷Hotmail锟斤拷锟截碉拷锟斤拷锟截o拷锟斤拷锟斤拷 Windows Live Mail锟斤拷 锟斤拷锟斤拷锟斤拷锟皆o拷