Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] 1.0pre1 reminder

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 13:43:30 -0600
On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 09:50:44AM +0100, Peter Johansson wrote:

> Does anyone know the amount of open bug reports that should be fairly
> easy (straightforward) to solve if only anybody would find time to
> address them? Or is it required that each and every one of us who feel
> an urge to address these that we need to sort it out ourselves.

This is a good question, and one whose results are hard to keep track
of.  I think bugs by their very nature are rarely a quick fix
unfortunately.  Perhaps we should add some flags to our bug database
such as "unconfirmed" and "confirmed" - the confirmed cases could be
worked first.  Also a flag that we're waiting to hear from the bug
reporter would be great.  These things would allow us to keep track of
which bugs to work on instead of wading through all of the open bugs
every time.

Other ideas?

Steve