Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compare two merged capture files

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 14:54:37 -0700
Vincenzo Condoleo wrote:

I need to compare two capture files which have been captured on two different Hosts (and then been merged together manually). The goal is to load the merged capture file and then detect package injection or loss. I wrote a Lua script which already does the trick quite good, but it would be nice to have it integrated in Wireshark.

We should probably provide some mechanism to let third parties make their Lua scripts (and plugins?) available to the Wireshark user community.

Should they just be made part of the distribution, or should we have a collection of scripts on the Wireshark Web site? (Or should the third-party scripts be like, for example, the *BSD ports collections, so they're bundled with the OS but not considered part of the core of the OS?)