Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Updating old style plugin

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 16:10:40 +0100
Hi,

It depends on the current state the plugin is in. Is it either using the plugin_register and plugin_reg_handoff functions or the plugin_init function.
These conditions are listed in the headers of these sections.

Have a look at the other plugins, like agentx to see how things should look.

Thanx,
Jaap

A Verma wrote:
Hi,
I have an old plugin that I want to build with the latest wireshark release since it stopped working with version 0.99.7 but was working till 0.99.6a. Do I need to make the changes mentiones in setion 5.1 and 5.2 of README.plugins? Or I should do either changes mentioned in 5.1 or changes mentioned in 5.2? Thanks,
Ash