Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Windows Build with MS Visual C++ 2005 EE

From: Jason Dick <jasonkdick@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 14:41:08 -0800 (PST)
This may have been posted before but I have not seen it in my searching.  It seems that the current Win32 build of Wireshark is made with MS Visual C++ 6.0.  Since the Developer guide has been updated and recommends Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition, has any thought been put into moving the Win32 binary available on the website to that version of Visual Studio?

I ask because I, like several other posts I've seen, am developing some dissectors and cannot get a hold of MS Visual C++ 6.0 so my compiled dissectors are not compatible with the win32  binary on the website.  Is this perhaps a post 1.0 goal?

Thanks,
Jason

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs