Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] crashes of wireshark while decoding INAP

From: Andreas Fink <afink@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 08:03:53 +0100

On 08.03.2008, at 04:53, Guy Harris wrote:

On Mar 5, 2008, at 12:58 AM, Andreas Fink wrote:

I got some issues with the INAP dissector.

Attached a crashlog, the stdout of wireshark and a tracefile.

I did set INAP TCAP SSN to 146 to have it decoded in the preferences.

Note there are two INAP packets. InitialDP and Connect.
When you open the Connect packet and flip open the digits of the
number, it takes forever.

It works for me with

	wireshark 0.99.8 (SVN Rev 24346)

	Copyright 1998-2008 Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and
contributors.
	This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There
is NO
PURPOSE.

	Compiled with GTK+ 2.12.4, with GLib 2.14.5, with libpcap 0.9.5, with
libz
	1.2.3, without libpcre, without SMI, without ADNS, without Lua,
without GnuTLS,
without Gcrypt, with MIT Kerberos, without PortAudio, without AirPcap.
	NOTE: this build doesn't support the "matches" operator for Wireshark
filter
	syntax.

	Running on Darwin 9.2.0 (MacOS 10.5.2), with libpcap version 0.9.5.

	Built using gcc 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465).

What version of GTK+ do you have?  It appears to be having a bunch of
problems, probably including the crash.

gtk+-2.12.3