Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Error compiling acustomdllpluginforWireshark0.99.7

From: "Stig Bjørlykke" <stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 19:18:17 +0100
Hi,

You have to look at the error messages from the compiler to find the errors:

> plugin.obj : error LNK2005: _version already defined in packet-xxx.obj
> plugin.obj : error LNK2005: _plugin_register already defined in packet-xxx.obj
> plugin.obj : error LNK2005: _plugin_reg_handoff already defined in packet-xxx.obj

1. You have defined version in packet-xxx.c, which is already defined
in plugin.c

2. You should not define plugin_register() and plugin_reg_handoff in
packet-xxx.c.  Rename them to plugin_register_xxx() and
plugin_reg_handoff_xxx().

--
Stig Bjørlykke