Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Support for BGP 4-byte AS numbers

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 00:07:36 -0700
On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 09:32:01PM -0800, Nirupama Sankaranarayanan wrote:

> Does anyone know if decoding 4-byte AS numbers are supported yet? If
> not, is anyone working on it?

A quick glance at the BGP dissector's code reveals that it does
recognize the capability for 4 byte AS numbers.  It doesn't appear
though that it can display 32-bit AS numbers, only 16-bit ones.  I don't
think anyone is working on it at this time.  Do you have a sample
capture file that contains 32-bit AS numbers in it that we could use to
test a new feature to recognize the new AS numbers?

Steve