Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark exiting while calling the plugin in 0.99.8

From: Kumar A <a_kumar1804@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 22:44:33 -0600 (CST)
Hi,
Yes I copy the plugin dll along with other dlls in plugins folder.
I am using Visual C++ 2005          Express Edition as I dont have Visual C++ 6.0, I recompiled wireshark source with MSVS 2005EE,
and created a wireshakr installable which i use now.
I did the same with wireshark 0.99.6.
I recompiled with MSVS2005EE, and created my plugin dll, and i was successfully able to install my rebuilt version of wireshark
and my plugin on other machines.
But now the same procedure for wireshark 0.99.8, is making wireshark crash on other machines.
I don't understand when I have a properly built exe , why would it behave differently on different machines on calling my plugin's dll?

thanks,