Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] 0.99.8 col_append_str fails

From: Jason Dick <jasonkdick@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 12:01:15 -0800 (PST)
I am writing a dissector for a custom protocol and found that I am unable to add additional information to the INFO column.  See the following code:

if (check_col(pinfo->cinfo, COL_INFO)) {
  col_append_str(pinfo->cinfo, COL_INFO, "  more info");
}

It appears that after the initial setting of the column, pinfo->cinfo is no longer writable.  That is

col_get_writable(pinfo->cinfo)

always returns false.  It still returns false even after I run:

col_set_writable(pinfo->cinfo, 1);

Has anyone else run across this?  I thought I had this working for another dissector on 0.99.6 but I don't have that code with me right now.

Thanks for any thoughts, comments, ideas -- Jason

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs