Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Capturing on multiple interfaces [FEATURE REQUEST]

From: Andreas Fink <afink@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:51:07 +0100
Apparently its possible on some platforms to capture on all interfaces (tcpdump on linux does this).
under MacOS X, however only the first interface is used. This means running tcpdump or dumpcap twice and merging the files later together if you want to capture dualhomed traffic (like SCTP).

Suggestion: fix dumpcap to accept  something like  -i en0 -i en1 or   -i en0,en1. In the fist case it does take the last passed interface.
Or maybe fix libpcap to take all interfaces on MacOS X if none is specified?

Andreas Fink

Fink Consulting GmbH
Global Networks Schweiz AG
BebbiCell AG

Tel: +41-61-6666330 Fax: +41-61-6666331  Mobile: +41-79-2457333
Address: Clarastrasse 3, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
E-Mail:  andreas@xxxxxxxx
www.finkconsulting.com www.global-networks.ch www.bebbicell.ch
ICQ: 8239353 MSN: msn1@xxxxxx AIM: smsrelay Skype: andreasfink
Yahoo: finkconsulting SMS: +41792457333