Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] PDML export on big capture files

From: "Edouard Funke" <korlaz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:42:15 +0100
Hello,

We are currently using wireshark PDML export functionnality (with
custom plugins) to export big capture files to be processed after.
We are constantly "hitting" the out of memory problem
(http://wiki.wireshark.org/KnownBugs/OutOfMemory) as wireshark keeps
information on packet list and for tcp reassembly among others
things...

As we just want to export capture files in PDML, is there a way to
deactivate (in code or with options) these information in order to
process bigger captures ?

I dont know if i am asking the question in the right mailing list,
maybe wireshark-users ?

Regards,
Edouard