Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Outstanding 0.99.8 issues

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:11:02 -0500
I'd like to release 0.99.8 tomorrow or Wednesday.

I've updated the INSTALL file somewhat to match current Wireshark. However, I think there's a bit more updating needed as to the use of setuid & root privileges & etc.

I removed some comments about "don't use setuid"; It may be that I should have left them in....

What is the recommended install configuration re privileges on *nix for wireshark & etc ?

I suggest updating INSTALL as needed and including the updated version in the 0.99.8 release.

Bill