Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Outstanding 0.99.8 issues

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:27:35 +0100
Gerald Combs wrote:
The 0.99.8 roadmap still has the following items in the pending queue:
   - Items marked with {1} in the TODO list of Development/SNMP

     I let this slide in the last release with unfortunate consequences.
     Is there anything in this list that's a show-stopper?

Unfortunately work seems to have stalled on this. My main gripe is that
(at least on win32) we've a regression that traps are no longer handled.
And the info column isn't filled. Even though that is listed as a {3} it's
a gripe growing a beard now, ever since the ASN.1 generated dissector came
in. It's a usability item hitting every SNMP user every day.
I can't get a clear view on the situation around libsmi, but there's not
much movement to address this.
For the rest I don't have enough insight into the specifics on this
subject to get ahead with them.

Thanx,
Jaap