Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Outstanding 0.99.8 issues

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 08:05:57 +0100
Gerald Combs schrieb:
The 0.99.8 roadmap still has the following items in the pending queue:

   - Move over revisions 24465, 24466, and 24467

     I'll take care of this tonight or tomorrow.

   - Update the Windows PCRE package

     Is there an up-to-date package available? If not, should we try to build
     our own?

   - Address licensing questions

     Which questions need to be addressed?
This was discussed some time ago on the list - while discussing the Wireshark license text. We need to go trough all the files looking for third party stuff and have a look at their exact license. For example, our authors page mentions "xy gave permission to use ..." and this "list" might be incomplete. I could imagine we use / include some BSD stuff and not mentioning the corresponding clause in our license text. We also have the Win32 binary dll's repository, that contains only very little source code (which e.g. violates the LGPL license of GTK+). Stuff like that.

I don't think this is a show stopper and it seems that no one seems to care anyway ;-)
   - Items marked with {1} in the TODO list of Development/SNMP

     I let this slide in the last release with unfortunate consequences.
     Is there anything in this list that's a show-stopper?

Assuming we can get these issues addressed (or decide we don't care about them) I'd like to release 0.99.8 tomorrow or Wednesday.