Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New feature: custom columns

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 15:37:19 -0700
On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 11:41:31PM +0100, Stig Bj�rlykke wrote:

> When having a custom column the "Apply as Filter" and "Prepare a
> Filter" does not work as expected in the Packet List.  Sometimes
> nothing is selected, sometimes "frame.number == 1" is added to the
> Filter and sometimes the selection is invalid.  I haven't found a
> pattern yet.
>
> You should have a look at this for 0.99.8 :)

After reviewing of the code for a while, I've almost concluded that an
extra run of col_init() right after clicking the apply as filter clears
out all of the columns and then the custom columns aren't filled in
again.  The normal columns are filled in again after this.  I'll take
another look as time permits if no one gets to it first.

Thanks,

Steve