Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New feature: custom columns

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:24:30 -0700
On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 11:41:31PM +0100, Stig Bj�rlykke wrote:

> When having a custom column the "Apply as Filter" and "Prepare a
> Filter" does not work as expected in the Packet List.  Sometimes
> nothing is selected, sometimes "frame.number == 1" is added to the
> Filter and sometimes the selection is invalid.  I haven't found a
> pattern yet.
>
> You should have a look at this for 0.99.8 :)

Thanks, I'll look into this..  I'm wondering if we should just disable
the custom columns in 0.99.8 though since there is so much new work
going into it currently and more to come.  I'm not comfortable moving
all of our improvements into 0.99.8pre2/0.99.8 without more testing
given 0.99.8 is coming out in a few days.  The feature hasn't been
documented yet either (since it's not complete), but that won't take
long.

Steve