Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] ideal patch size

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 23:49:38 +0100
Hi,

Well, is it a complete rewrite or extension of the current code base?
A rewite should be the whole file at once, not even a patch. Extensions, if
isolated from each other, can be separate patches, but as soon as dependencies
kick in a single patch is better.
So really there are not hard figures here.

Thanx,
Jaap

Kai Blin wrote:
Hi folks,

now that Microsoft opened up a lot of protocols, I decided to improve the DirectPlay dissector that so far only contains what I managed to reverse engineer myself. After hacking on this for quite some time today and realized that I got a bit carried away and the patch was growing pretty big.

Now, what's the best way to get quite a lot of changes in? Open a separate bug for every packet type and upload one patch per packet type? Or one bug for a huge patch?

Cheers,
Kai