Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Registering on multiple ports

From: MKS {} <mks_97@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 02:24:38 +0000

Folks,

I am writing a dissector for a protocol that sits on top of TCP. The ports on which the messages maybe sent or recieved are several  and need to be configurable.

One way I of achieving this is to have a config file with all the port numbers listed, and invoke the "dissector_add" fn for each of those ports.

I wanted to know if there was a way I could achieve the same effect using the pattern matching in the dissector_add function e.g if the protocol has field called "bar" which is always set to 25, for messages of this protocol could I do the following:

dissector_add("fooHeader.bar", 25, foo_handle)?

When I try this, it the function find_dissector_table fails to find  the table corresponding the name "fooHeader.bar" in packet.c

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

--Mahesh