Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New feature: custom columns

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:29:28 -0700
On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 05:39:25PM -0700, Stephen Fisher wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 10:31:24AM -0500, Maynard, Chris wrote:

> > BTW, I added a column called, "ip.ttl", then tried to sort on that
> > column.  It did not sort according to how I would expect.  Rather than
> > sorting 1, 57, 58, 60, 64, 107, 118, 127, 128, 193, 246, it sorted 1,
> > 107, 118, 127, 128, 193, 246, 57, 58, 60, 64.  So the sort seems to be
> > operating on the field as if it's a string rather than a numeric
> > value.
>
> Ah, yes.  I still need to figure out how to change the sort behavior
> for the field type chosen.  It shouldn't be too difficult.

This has been fixed in SVN revision 24414.  It now uses the default
sorting for numeric/text columns.  This should be sufficient for most
fields at least.  If anyone finds a case where it isn't, let us know and
we can add a custom column sorting function to gtk/packet_list.c in the
packet_list_compare() function of some sort.

Steve