Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] GTP' (gtp prime) versus GTP dissector

From: Bruce Fitzsimons <Bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 23:14:36 +1300
Anders Broman wrote:
Hi,
I think you build a strong case for splitting the protocols and I don't
see a problem with it
but I don't have much first hand experience of GTP'...
Thanks Anders, I will begin my task...
If the CDR description is in ASN1 (3GPP TS 32.298?) a dissector for that
should be built using asn2wrs.
It might be beneficial to split the GTP' decoding and the actual CDR
dissection in different files
as that may make it easier to make hooks for proprietary formats.

Okay, I will leave the hook there then, although possibly change it's name. I'm using gtpp as name e.g. packet-gtpp.c so probably gtppcdr.
Do you have any example traces to share?

I'm limited in my ability to share traces that I get from others because they contain information from their network (phone numbers, IMSIs, etc). I can generate them myself using open-cgf and it's test tool but this isn't yet a good basis to build another implementation of (sort of like building a house using a square you built yourself).

I'll think about the possibilities, I would like to get a trace up onto the wiki.

Regards,
Bruce