Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Ability to Re-dissect Packets

From: "Rick Gudmundson" <rickg421@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 15:00:17 -0600
I have some encapsulated packets (ethernet frame is payload of a UDP packet) and I'm trying to find the best way to dissect them. My first thought was to look for some way to start at the UDP payload and feed that back through a dissector (ethernet, IP, etc.). If there's not a way to do that easily with the UI, or it's not feasible to implement, I'd like to create a basic plugin that catches the data and then feeds it back through. With that option, I'm wondering if someone can point me at an existing dissector that does a similar function.

Rick