Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New feature: custom columns
From: Gerald Combs <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 17:11:17 -0800
Stephen Fisher wrote:
On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 08:36:26PM -0700, Stephen Fisher wrote:

I have introduced a new feature [...] It lets you specify any display filter name as a column by choosing the Custom column type and putting the display filter name in the description.
Gerald/others - I just noticed that this feature is mentioned in the
0.99.8pre1 release notes.  I don't think it is really ready for public
use as some fields cannot yet be displayed, it is not intuitive on how
to choose the fields and I haven't added it to the documentation yet.
Should we pull the code for this feature from 0.99.8 or just remove it
from the release notes?  I say we just remove it from the release notes.
I've removed the custom columns item from the release notes. We can disable it
in the 0.99.8 release if needed.