Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Any stand-alone applications using libwireshark?

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 17:17:39 -0600
On Feb 15, 2008 1:42 PM, Stephen Fisher <> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 11:32:27AM -0500, Eloy Paris wrote:
>
> > Is anyone aware of any application using libwireshark for packet
> > dissection (besides tshark and wireshark, of course)?
>
> I'm not aware of any other programs that use libwireshark, sorry.
>

> Steve

What about Packetyzer?

It's available here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/packetyzer/

It was maintained by Network Chemistry who built it as a native
Windows GUI for Ethereal.  However, Network Chemistry was bought by
Aruba in the middle of 2007 and I have no idea where the development
went after that.

It looks like it hadn't been updated in over a year when Aruba bought
them anyway.

-Jason