Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] wireshark-win32-libs

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:34:57 -0500 (EST)
>>1. Windows Wireshark with Gtk 2.12.8 crashes;
> Did you try with a distclean before building?

   Yep  :)

   I did a (library) setup, an nmake maintainer-clean & then an nmake all
   again just to be sure;
   Wireshark works when I do this with gtk 2.12.6  and crashes when
   I do this with gtk 2.12.8.

   Wireshark with gtk 2.12.8 is crashing during a call to
   gtk_image_new_from_pixmap.

   I'm about to do a little digging to determine if I can see
   what's going on.

 >>2. Glib 2.14.6  requires the Iconv dll again.
 >>   (Glib 2.14.5 did not require same).

 >Have you reported this tho the GTK guys?

  I was about to make a report when I discovered that there's now
  a glib-2.14.6-2 at
     http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/glib/2.14/
  (even though http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html hasn't
  yet been updated).

  2.14.6-2 seems to work AOK in that it does not require iconv.dll

Bill