Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] build under ubuntu

From: "Martin Peylo" <martinmeis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 17:18:51 +0100
Hi,

if you'd tell what you were doing before getting this error, someone
could tell you what you're doing wrong...

Anyway, do the following steps to work with the Wireshark sources on a
Debian flavour distribution like Ubuntu:

You have to get the Wireshark dev dependencies by doing:
              apt-get build-dep wireshark

Then you can either get the Ubuntu source package for Wireshark:
              apt-get source wireshark
or get the SVN source of Wireshark as described on the website.

If you're using the Ubuntu source package, consult the Ubuntu/Debian
manuals how to work with it.

If you got the SVN source, do:
              ./autoconf.sh
              ./configure --prefix=/your/install/dir
              make
              make install
              /your/install/dir/bin/wireshark

If all of this worked, you can start developing your dissector.

Best regards,
Martin