Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] What files are really necessary to modify to add a plug-in?

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 18:49:19 +0100
Hi,

Is it? Then please elaborate.

Thanx,
Jaap

J.C. Wren wrote:
Thanks.  It's helpful.  And also out of date.

--jc

On Feb 5, 2008 12:15 PM, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Carefully read README.plugins and all will be reveiled.

Thanx,
Jaap

J.C. Wren wrote:
Perhaps I've overlooked this information in my reading, but I haven't
found a list of files that I need to modify when I add a plug-in.
When I unpacked the sources, I grepped everything for 'profinet', and
anywhere I found it (configure, configure.in, Makefile.in,
Makefile.am, etc), I added my dissector after it.  It builds just
fine, but it doesn't seem I should need to touch every file that I
did.  What are the minimum files that need to be modified to add a new
plug-in?  And could the docs be updated with this info (assuming I
didn't overlook it?).

Under Linux I know that files like configure.in are created by the
./configure process.  Under Windows, I have no clear idea what files
it's looking for when it builds (oh, if only my users were Linux users
instead of Windows, my life would be so much easier...)

Thanks,
--jc