Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] pcap-ng support: warning message w

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:07:20 -0500 (EST)
FWIW:

I note that when Wireshare opens a VMS sample capture file from
http://wiki.wireshark.org/SampleCaptures, the following warning messages
appear on the console:

15:50:27          Warn pcapng_read_block: Unknown block_type: 0xa200a20 (block
gnored)
15:50:27          Warn pcapng_read_block: couldn't read second block length
15:50:27          Warn pcapng_open_new: couldn't read first SHB

Is this just debug output which eventually goes away ?

This doesn't happen for all types of capture files presumably because of the
order in which the various capture file types are tried ....