Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] pointer in the right direction

From: Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devlists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:07:01 -0700
we have a messaging framework that uses both UDP and TCP (and a proprietary binary protocol on top of those). Is there a way for me to write, and contribute, a plugin to wireshark that would read that protocol and display some useful info to the user when analyzing the capture file?

Could you point me in the right direction such as documentation, current plugins or examples.

thanks in advance
Filip