Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark-0.99.7 compiling error, The file contains a charac

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:18:50 -0800
Juntao Lv wrote:

Finally I use the program notepad to save the files below  in Unicode  format,

If by "Unicode format" you mean "in UTF-16 format", i.e. with (at least) two bytes for every character, that's not going to be acceptable to a lot of us - UN*X systems that support Unicode tend to use, and support, UTF-8 format; I don't know whether *any* UN*X compilers would support UTF-16 format. (In addition, some UN*X systems might be using older character sets, such as ISO Latin 1.)