Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark-0.99.7 compiling error, The file contains a charac

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:52:39 -0500

Andreas Fink wrote:
I suppose one way to handle that would be to have the E.212 dissector
read the country code list from a text file in UTF-8 form (we already
have one UTF-8 file read by Wireshark, namely the AUTHORS-SHORT file).
Yes, that means there's a file in the source tree that's not all-ASCII
and that thus

[...]

Furthermore as far as E.212 goes, those are country names and the english version of a country name doesn't have accented characters. So as all the dissectors are in english, this one should be english too.

I thought that too until I looked in the document and discovered that what's in the file is exactly what is in the ITU doc. Who am I to argue with cut-n-pasting from a standards body?