Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Can't see my protocol in "Decode As ..." menu

From: "Douglas Pratley" <Douglas.pratley@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 08:48:59 -0000

> > Given RTP dynamic protocol types, perhaps "Decode As..."
> > should be enhanced to support RTP, and give a list of all protocols
> > for which dissectors have been registered with the "rtp.pt" table?

I've been away from Wireshark development for a while, so this may be a
red herring, but I think you might be able to use the Lua scripting to
modify the "rpt.pt" table if you're getting a payload type clash. I seem
to remember being able to do something similar with the HTTP
subdissectors last year. This is effectively the same as "Decode As..."
but _all_ the dissector tables are available through the Lua interface
rather than the handful exposed in the dialog.

Cheers

Doug