Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Using Eclipse to build and debug wireshark

From: "Flavio Erlich" <flavioerlich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 03:45:51 +0200
Right that Visual Studio is only for windows, but you can get a free version of VS, it’s the express version. I don’t really know what are the limitations (in features) of this version but is a good choice to a good free C++ IDE.

Thanks,
               Flavio.
Dear all

I read that some people use MSVC to debug wireshark and I was just
wondering if anybody also uses Eclipse? I've not used the C/C++ tools
of Eclipse so far, but would like to be able to use a graphical
debugger. Of course I could also use Visual Studio, but it only runs
on windows and is not free..

Nils